Week 1, of the No-Spend January Challenge has come to a close! Boy, was it a long week! On top of doing this challenge, I’m participating in a 30-day Ningxia Red Challenge and a Slique-in-60 Challenge! Busy, busy! Plus, I’m actually attempting to use a PLANNER to organize myself! That part is not going too great, so far, lol.
So, without further adieu, here is my super short recap for Week 1 of the No-Spend January Challenge:
NO-SPEND JANUARY CHALLENGE – WEEK 1 RECAP – January 1st through 7th
How much did you spend?
I’m not counting groceries or bills, so my total out-of-pocket was less than $3! It was $2.86 to be exact.
What did you spend that money on?
I spent it as tip money when I brought my coworkers to lunch, on property, at our grab-n-go place for some pizzas! $3 well spend, don’t you think? 😉 I also exchanged from pens, on Amazon, and actually got a $0.14 credit back, so that’s how my total came out to $2.86, lol.
Do you have any tips for staying on-track with the challenge?
Why yes I do! When you see something that you want to purchase, ask yourself these questions:
- “Do I NEED this item, or do I WANT this item?” Then, ask yourself “Am I actually going to USE this item, or can I wait until next month to purchase it?” If you can wait, and it’s not a necessity right at this moment, don’t buy it! Wait until next month to re-visit that item, and if you still “need” that item by next month, and you KNOW that you will actually USE the item, then buy it! Don’t purchase the item if you WANT it just because you WANT it. I am learning to ask myself these questions, and it’s working, so far!
- Ask yourself “Is there something else that I want/need MORE than this item?” If the answer is “yes”, do not buy the item!
- If you, especially, rely on credit cards, and you don’t pay them off each month, ask yourself “Am I willing to pay 20% in interest on this item for 3 to 5 years?” If the answer is “no”, don’t buy it!
If you can get through these questions, mentioned above, I think it’s safe to say that you do not need the item, and that you can either wait a few months to buy it or, better yet, never buy it.
GOALS FOR WEEK 2
- Try out meal planning.
- Buy groceries in bulk to accomplish Goal #1.
- USE MY PLANNER! I’m so bad at using a planner! lol
- Continue the 30-day Ningxia Challenge and Slique-in-60 Challenges! If you would like information about these challenge, feel free to email me at email@example.com!
- Return items to HSN and QVC that I did not need, but purchased, during the holidays! You don’t even want to know how much I bought! LOL
That’s all I have for now, but if you’re interested in my original post, about the No-Spend January Challenge, be sure to click HERE. If you have any tips or tricks to share, about how to stay on track during this challenge, feel free to leave them in the comments below, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, and your tip/trick may be featured in an upcoming weekly recap! Wish me luck on achieving my Week 2 Goals! 🙂
Here’s to saving money and paying off debt in the New Year!